The other morning after I fed the birds I happen to notice some strange birds in the feeder.
Those are the Black Bellied Whistling Ducks and they have been showing up every day to eat some seed. The regular birds are not too happy about this.
I am telling you when you live in the country and feed the wildlife there is not much telling what you might see.
I planted Dahlia bulbs for the first time there were 20 bulbs but only 12 of them came up. I think one package must have been bad.
This was my very first bloom and I love the colors of this flower. I waited a few days to take the picture and I almost waited too long.
I am looking forward to the future blooms to see what colors they are. These flowers are gorgeous and my macro lens allowed me to really show off this flowers details.
I post a lot of different stuff on my blog most of it is from my personal experience about my life or information I have learned through years.
If I am posting about something fun and new I am excited about it and I figure maybe I can learn from others who are doing the same thing.
I love to share my knowledge on different subjects but especially about photography.
If you chose to comment on a post of mine that is great but please do not try to push your opinions or your beliefs on my readers or myself.
After all, isn’t that what you blog is for?
I have never once posted on a controversial topic I avoid them like the plague. If I do not agree with a title or a post I move on without ever reading it much less liking it.
There are plenty of subjects I get fired up about but I do not post them on my blog or comment about them on other people’s blogs. Sometimes I find it better to keep my mouth shut because this keeps downs debates.
I do value others opinions but there is a fine line that must never be crossed and that is when you go overboard with your opinion on someone else’s blog.
Please remember showing a little respect goes a long way.
After a 3-week delay finally our daughter and her husband signed papers on their house this past Friday.
This was not a delay on their part it was actually a few complications that the title company did not find until the day before the first signing date. Let’s just say someone was not doing their job and then went on vacation.
The kids knew nothing about the house so it was a total surprise to them. Andrew had 3 things on his wish list for a house that was that it have stairs, a fireplace and a pond he got all 3 so he was so excited.
Karina seemed to turn into an instant real estate agent when we went there later that day. Want to see mine and sissy’s room, my bathroom, Andrew and Adrian’s room. Want to see the kitchen, my backyard the pond lol. She wanted us to see it all right then and it was a fast room to room tour. No dip dallying that’s for sure.
All four kids are sleeping great in the new house. Since the little one was pretty picky about where he slept were all excited he is sleeping at night and taking his naps.
There is a lot of work to be done. Lots of fences and pens to be built for goats, dogs, and chickens.
The pond will be fenced off from the kids, the house will be fenced off from the road even though it sits back about 2 acres back from the road. There will be a goat pen and a dog pen. Then there will be a chicken coop.
I am so glad they finally have their dream home in the country on land where they can have their little farm with animals and a garden.
This is Princess she is goat # 2 and is 5 weeks old.
She has this cute smudge of mascara below her eye.
The funny thing about these little goats is when you sit on the ground to take their pictures they come and sit in your lap like a dog.
Karina picked this goat and when you have twin girls that are 3 years old they both wanted to name their goat’s Princess lol. Finally, we got Sophia to pick a different name since Karina said it first.
Since Princess is younger than Clover she is super fast like lighting her little legs almost seem to be flying. She is taking a bottle 3 times a day right now that is a powder goat supplement. They are eating hay and goat pellets along with calf mana to put on some weight.
At the same time, they got this little girl they got another one but that is another post.
Stay tuned for more goats to come.
I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Roda at Growing Self Blog. Check out her blog she has so much going on with her blog, the farm, gardening, and renovations it will make your head spin.
Since Roda nominated me I chose to answer her questions. I am super busy right now trying to help our daughter and her husband get ready for a move to a new house on 4 acres so I will not be nominating anyone at this time.
I feel like I am sort of cheating because my other blog that is still active had too many followers for this challenge.
GrowingSelf – Roda’s Questions to nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging several blogs ago for my photography business then it became more than just a photography blog it became personal.
- Who is your role model? My role model would be my dad he saw the good in everyone and never seemed to judge people too much. I really miss him.
- Use one word to describe yourself? Compassionate
- Do you have a pet? If so, what is your favorite thing about your special friend? We have many pets but one of my favorite pets would be Daisy our 4-year-old boxer dog. I love her personality, her hyperactivity for life and most of all she just makes me smile. I think she really understands me.
- What is your favorite color? Blue has always been my favorite color. It does not matter the shade or the tone if leans towards blue I love it. Right now I am hung up on aqua and gray together.
- Where on Earth is your most memorable travel destination? I loved going to Arizona and seeing the Grand Canyon it was breathtaking and I could have stared at it for hours. I bought a 28mm lens just to shoot the Grand Canyon.
- What is your favorite book? I really do not have a favorite book.
- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse? I am a country mouse I love everything about country living the peace and quiet, wildlife and nature and most of all the cows I truly love cows.
- What is your favorite vegetable? My favorite vegetable has changed over the years I guess right now it would be grilled asparagus.
- What is your Superpower? This is a funny question because I have a tee shirt that says “I stop time what is your superpower” so I guess my super power would be photography.
- What do you love most about YOU? My determination to succeed at whatever I chose to do.