After a 3-week delay finally our daughter and her husband signed papers on their house this past Friday.
This was not a delay on their part it was actually a few complications that the title company did not find until the day before the first signing date. Let’s just say someone was not doing their job and then went on vacation.
The kids knew nothing about the house so it was a total surprise to them. Andrew had 3 things on his wish list for a house that was that it have stairs, a fireplace and a pond he got all 3 so he was so excited.
Karina seemed to turn into an instant real estate agent when we went there later that day. Want to see mine and sissy’s room, my bathroom, Andrew and Adrian’s room. Want to see the kitchen, my backyard the pond lol. She wanted us to see it all right then and it was a fast room to room tour. No dip dallying that’s for sure.
All four kids are sleeping great in the new house. Since the little one was pretty picky about where he slept were all excited he is sleeping at night and taking his naps.
There is a lot of work to be done. Lots of fences and pens to be built for goats, dogs, and chickens.
The pond will be fenced off from the kids, the house will be fenced off from the road even though it sits back about 2 acres back from the road. There will be a goat pen and a dog pen. Then there will be a chicken coop.
I am so glad they finally have their dream home in the country on land where they can have their little farm with animals and a garden.
This is Princess she is goat # 2 and is 5 weeks old.
She has this cute smudge of mascara below her eye.
The funny thing about these little goats is when you sit on the ground to take their pictures they come and sit in your lap like a dog.
Karina picked this goat and when you have twin girls that are 3 years old they both wanted to name their goat’s Princess lol. Finally, we got Sophia to pick a different name since Karina said it first.
Since Princess is younger than Clover she is super fast like lighting her little legs almost seem to be flying. She is taking a bottle 3 times a day right now that is a powder goat supplement. They are eating hay and goat pellets along with calf mana to put on some weight.
At the same time, they got this little girl they got another one but that is another post.
Stay tuned for more goats to come.
I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Roda at Growing Self Blog. Check out her blog she has so much going on with her blog, the farm, gardening, and renovations it will make your head spin.
Since Roda nominated me I chose to answer her questions. I am super busy right now trying to help our daughter and her husband get ready for a move to a new house on 4 acres so I will not be nominating anyone at this time.
I feel like I am sort of cheating because my other blog that is still active had too many followers for this challenge.
GrowingSelf – Roda’s Questions to nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging several blogs ago for my photography business then it became more than just a photography blog it became personal.
- Who is your role model? My role model would be my dad he saw the good in everyone and never seemed to judge people too much. I really miss him.
- Use one word to describe yourself? Compassionate
- Do you have a pet? If so, what is your favorite thing about your special friend? We have many pets but one of my favorite pets would be Daisy our 4-year-old boxer dog. I love her personality, her hyperactivity for life and most of all she just makes me smile. I think she really understands me.
- What is your favorite color? Blue has always been my favorite color. It does not matter the shade or the tone if leans towards blue I love it. Right now I am hung up on aqua and gray together.
- Where on Earth is your most memorable travel destination? I loved going to Arizona and seeing the Grand Canyon it was breathtaking and I could have stared at it for hours. I bought a 28mm lens just to shoot the Grand Canyon.
- What is your favorite book? I really do not have a favorite book.
- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse? I am a country mouse I love everything about country living the peace and quiet, wildlife and nature and most of all the cows I truly love cows.
- What is your favorite vegetable? My favorite vegetable has changed over the years I guess right now it would be grilled asparagus.
- What is your Superpower? This is a funny question because I have a tee shirt that says “I stop time what is your superpower” so I guess my super power would be photography.
- What do you love most about YOU? My determination to succeed at whatever I chose to do.
This week’s Daily Post photo challenge is Earth.
When I think of our earth I think of all the beautiful things we get to look at.
Tiny hummingbirds hovering over the flowers for nectar, star jasmine and its smells that delight us all. The Louisiana iris and all the other flowers that are blooming this time of year. Then there are the new sunrises I get to see and enjoy each and every day.
Yesterday our youngest daughter and I took her 4 children to do pictures at the beach.
I can not tell you how disgusted I was with the littering people had left from the weekend before. Seriously everyone needs to pick up their own garbage. I grabbed a plastic bag and picked up all the cans and bottles it would hold in the area we were taking pictures.
If we all do part not to pollute, contaminate or destroy our earth it will be here for all the future generations to see and enjoy.
The cedar waxwings are back and they are stealing our mulberries right off the trees.
They have a mask on like a bandit in disguise they are thieves I tell you.
Their diet is 70% fruit so this is why they are happy to see our mulberry trees.
This is the second year in a row that they have come in large groups and eat all day long for a few weeks until they strip the mulberry trees dry of all the fruit. We do not mind sharing the mulberries with the birds we just wish they would not eat them all.
We do not mind sharing the mulberries with the birds we just wish they would not eat them all.
Daisy is mad because she likes to eat the ones off the ground and as you can see they are eating those too.
They are some sleek looking birds that is for sure.
About a month ago my computer was having problems with an update.
It crashed and I worked on it for 5 hours last Sunday and had no luck. Yesterday I took it into the shop and paid extra for them to save my pictures.. They do feel all these issues seem to be caused by WIN10.
If you remember I never authorized to have WIN10 it just installed one night. If you happen to have it be warned there is an update causing computers to shut down completely.
This time my screen went black with a blinking cursor and there was no combination of keys, holding power buttons , or even the F keys to get it out of this stage.
I should have it back by Friday so my fingers are crossed all goes well with my pictures. I am on my laptop which I do not like because I am use to using my big monitor. I will be back to posting soon.