I had my transesophageal Tee Echo last week it is the one test that can give the best look at the heart and valves.
They do lots of measurements on the regurgitation, valve diameters, heartbeats, and other stuff.
Both my surgeon and my cardiologist have come to the conclusion that I can put off my valve surgery for now. This is a good thing because I was honestly dreading having my chest cracked open and that was the only surgery option I had.
How long it can be put off who knows but we are aiming for a year or so.
Some might ask why to put off something that is inevitable. Well, there are complications anytime you put a mechanical item into your body. There are complications for some people with the blood thinners and it requires monthly monitoring for some people it is weekly for others. This depends on how your body handles the drugs well I have A LOT of issues with medications so my luck I would be one that would have complications.
Right now my symptoms ( extreme shortness of breath, dizziness) are being managed by adding new medications, changing old medications to better medications or reducing the dosage of an existing medication.
I feel very blessed and I am thankful I get to wait a while on this surgery. Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts I appreciate your support.